I'm a Masters student in the Robotics Institute at CMU, working under the supervision of Prof. Katia Sycara and looking at ways to improve AI safety, interpretability of deep reinforcement learning and emergent cooperation/communication. I have an undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering from IIT Kanpur, India along with a minor in Artificial Intelligence. While doing my undergrad I co-founded Agilo Technologies and served as the CTO for 15 months, developing evive, an educational hardware prototyping platform for students, and successfully crowdfunding it on Indiegogo. Best way to get in touch is email.
- [June 2019] Work on multi-agent learning presented at the ICML LRG workshop in Long Beach, USA [ paper | code ]
- [May 2019] Defended my MS thesis on learning transferable cooperative behavior in multi-agent teams [ report | slides ]
- [Mar 2019] I will be joining Nuro as a Machine Learning Engineer, based out of Mountain View, CA, starting July! Nuro builds these self-driving vehicles for local B2C deliveries.
- [Jan 2019]
- Our paper on visual dialog has been accepted for oral presentation at AAMAS 2019 (acceptance 24%) in Montreal, Canada.
- Our paper on Space Fortress was presented at the AAAI-19 Workshop on Reinforcement Learning in Games in Hawaii, USA.
- [Sept 2018] Released 2 first-author preprints on arXiv:
- [Aug 2018] New preprint on arXiv: Community Regularization of Visually-Grounded Dialog. Check out the code release!
- We presented work on visually grounded dialog using multi-agent reinforcement learning at two workshops:
- [July 2018] ICML/AAMAS/IJCAI 2018 Workshop on Adaptive Learning Agents in Stockholm, Sweden [ Paper | Slides | Poster ]
- [June 2018] CVPR 2018 Workshop on Visual Dialog in Salt Lake City, USA [ Poster ]
- [Aug 2017] Started the Masters in Robotics program at CMU, advised by Prof. Katia Sycara
- [Jun 2017] Graduated with a B.Tech. degree in Electrical Engineering from IIT Kanpur
- [Mar 2017] Won the elevator pitch competition at the Royal Academy of Engineering's Leaders in Innovation Fellowship workshop in London
- [Aug 2016] evive's crowdfunding campaign completes successfully, raising $35k from 350 customers in over 30 countries
- [May-July 2016] Worked on developing a robot buddy for kids with ASD at the Interaction Lab, USC with Prof. Maja Mataric
- [August 2015] Co-Founded Agilo Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
- [May-July 2015] Developed a new voting based classifier for machine fault diagnosis at the IDEA Lab, IIT Kanpur [Paper URL]
- Community Regularization of Visually Grounded Dialog [ arXiv | code ]
with Swaminathan Gurumurthy, Vasu Sharma, Michael Lewis, Katia Sycara
International Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems (AAMAS 2019) - Oral (24% acceptance)
Also presented at: ICML Adaptive Learning Agents Workshop (2018) link and CVPR Visual Dialog Workshop (2018) link
- Challenges of Context and Time in Reinforcement Learning: Introducing Space Fortress as a Benchmark [ arXiv | code ]
with Ryan Hope, Katia Sycara
2019 AAAI Reinforcement Learning in Games Workshop link
- Better Safe than Sorry: Evidence Accumulation Allows for Safe Reinforcement Learning [ arXiv ]
with Abhinau Kumar V, Kyle Dunovan, Erik Peterson, Timothy Verstynen, Katia Sycara
- Generalization ability of majority vote point classifiers for motor fault diagnosis [ arXiv ]
with Nishchal Verma
2016 IEEE International Conference on Industrial and Information Systems (ICIIS)